Monday, April 4, 2011

Snow in April!

Last Thursday I was taking pictures of my crocuses and so happy that spring had arrived...then Friday we sat through a wet, heavy 9 inches of snow!  Someone should tell Mother Nature that spring in April is really not okay, even in New England! 



But...it did give us an unexpected day off from school so I got to play at the stamp table.  While at Regionals a couple of weeks ago, we learned some fun new techniques and great reminders of supplies that have been around for a while.  I've discovered how much I love Shimmer Paint and Glass Glitter.  I also brought out the bottle of Crystal Effects again.  Crystal Effects makes some beautiful faux brads.  Let me know what you think!

The Details...
More Mustard, Concord Crush and Garden Green card stock
Scallop Punch, 3/4 inch punch
Tulip boarder folder for Big Shot
More Mustard and Concord Crush Classic Stamp Pad
Always Elegant Stamp Set

I stamped the large stamp from Always Elegant  in Concord Crush on Whisper White and punched with the scallop punch.  I like crumpling and antiquing the little circles  and sponging a bit of ink on the raised tulips to make them pop a bit.  I glued on the 3/4 circles to the center and then applied crystal effects.  This took a bit of practice to get it spread evenly and not get air bubbles but overall they came out well.

And the good news...my crocuses survived the snow!  Please let it be spring now!
Happy Stamping!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment