Monday, February 20, 2012

Don't you just love a bargain?



Check out what my latest trip to The Christmas Tree Shop brought me!  In the spring decor section they had these adorable little chalk boards for just $4.99.  The bird scene that was on it was a bit Stephen King-ish and was screaming for a little alteration.  Since Spice Cake paper (and color inspiration) is all over my house, I chose to use up what little scraps I have left to make a couple of rosettes, added a little Linen Thread and my favorite stamp:  Imagine the possibilities.  I dug through my Nana's vintage buttons to find a jumbo brown one to cover up the ugly picture hanger.  Love adding those goodies when I get a chance!

I think I might need another one (or maybe two)...one to hang near the pantry to make note of needed groceries and one by the door for messages to my family.  So cute...how will I decorate those?

What is hanging around your house that could be used for inspiration?  Look for my new Inspiration posts coming next week.  I'll find an everyday item and make a card or 3D item inspired by it.  I'm thinking Friday will be the Everyday Inspiration day.  I'd love to know if I set up a blog challenge, would you be interested in participating? 

Thanks for sticking around and getting inky with me!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. I am shocked you bought that at Christmas Tree Shop. It looks like something you would have purchased at a craft store. Guess where I am going this week? To the Christmas Tree Shop :) Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete