Monday, July 25, 2011

Luau Fun with Clearly Creative


 A few weeks ago, our Stampin' Up! group of demonstrators, Clearly Creative got together for our monthly meeting with an added twist.  Instead of talking shop, we did a shoebox swap with a luau theme.  What adorable things we made!  The glass jar above was my creation.  I think that filled with some tropical flavored candy it would make a great little thank you gift.  What do you think?  With the few scraps I had left over I made up these little bags and filled them with chocolates.  I've got a bit of a sweet tooth, can you tell?  But the more candy I give away, the less I eat! 
I've added some of the other goodies we made that night.  What fun we had...a fantastic cookout, lots of laughs and stamping fun!  Thank goodness there are others out there like me!
 This was some polymer clay, pressed flat with our clear blocks, stamped with a rather solid image and rubbed with some retired pearlex.  After they were cut with a cookie cutter and baked, a protective glaze was applied.  What a great addition to a card or introducing stamps into the world of jewelry making.
 Do you have a favorite juice or soda that comes in a can?  Well look what you can do with the Big Shot!  The tin was embossed and cut out with the butterfly and flower die.  A few beautiful glass beads were added with fishing line and you end up with a really cute decoration for your porch.
 I thought this one would be a great party favor for a young girl's birthday or a baby shower.  A simple box with the top left open, add a layer to each side, a quick little ribbon...very simple. 
 Punch Power!  The flower was double punched using the scalloped circle punch, the large oval makes the vase (with the bottom cut off a bit).  A smaller oval for the leaf, folded in half and sponged for texture adds lots of life to this adorable flower.  Did you know that you can color SU's rhinestones with sharpie markers to make them any color you want?  I loved that idea so much I went right out and bought a set of 24 sharpies!!! 
This is the bag I copied for my luau scraps.  It was just so simple and can be made into any size.  This little cutie was just big enough to hold a chap stick and gift card.  I've made a few more of this purse...stay tuned for tomorrows post for more examples!
Thanks to all of the Clearly Creative members for providing so much inspiration!  I look forward to our meeting each month!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. How cute are these! my favorites are the hand san holder and the jar wearing the hula skirt hehe....super cute!

    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete