Sunday, October 2, 2011

So much going on...

I keep telling my self that I'm going to actually schedule time to stamp...Right!  I seem to only find little snippets of time and feel all this pressure to create, that my creativity seems stunted.  (If only my weight seemed stunted!  Those stupid M&M's!!)  Anyway...
World Card Making Day was yesterday and we had a fun little celebration!  Thank you to those of you who left covered in glitter, glue and ink!  The end of the night brought a challenge for me from one of the members of our demonstrator group, Linda.  Apparently I am not posting enough inspiration!  Well, that must have set the creative wheels in motion because I had a super productive day...

First let me share the WCM Day goodies...
 These are the lovely ladies that joined the fun, and Pam, my Demonstrator Upline...


 Pam and I each created three cards with a fall-like theme.  At our last meeting, Terry went over a great technique that I've fallen in love with.  After you emboss a piece of cardstock using an embossing folder in the Big Shot (oh, remind me how you can get a FREE Big Shot:-), use an inked up brayer and roll on the ink.  Then I used heat & stick powder and some dazzling diamonds...The picture looks a bit flat but it is really sparkly and cute!

 Love doing a gate fold card with a belly band and Days of Gratitude is one of my favorite sets!  Very simple card, tone on tone and some sponging of Early Espresso around the edges.  This was my attempt at a semi-manly card.  (Did I mention I love glitter and sparkle?)
 Who doesn't love to color?  I certainly can't get enough and when you use the watercolor pencils with a blender pen, it looks like you can even paint!  Oh the magic...
Cherish Friendship with a sentiment from Three Little Words completes this card.  Very simple but versatile. 
 And now Pam's amazing goodies...
Gently Falling has to be one of the most popular SU sets out there right now.  Everywhere I go on my favorite blogs or websites, there it is!  Pam used the new Shaker Frames on this card with the Mica Flakes from the Holiday Mini Catalog.  Did you know that you can use a SU Ink Refill and die the Mica Flakes?  Really beautiful!!
 A card with no stamps!  Some Big Shot accessories and Spice Cake Designer Series Paper is all this card needed.  After punching out the flower petals with the Daisies II die, we ran them through the Polka Dot Embossing Folder.  Just this little bit of texture made a big difference.


How sad.  I don't know the name of this stamp set (and I don't have my catalog handy) but it was perfect for the fall theme.  Isn't the dotted scalloped ribbon adorable?  Pam also used the Champagne Glass Glitter.  It's chunkier than the regular glitter and really makes a bold statement. 


Thanks, Pam for all of your hard work!


That's all for today but I did a few new projects and I can't wait to share them this week.  Stay tuned!

Oh, wait a minute, I told you to remind me about that FREE Big Shot!  Well...if you sign up to become a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator between October 1-31, not only do you get over $345 worth of project for just $175 but you'll also get a FREE Big Shot!  If only I could sign up again...I'd love another Big Shot!  (If by chance you already have a Big Shot and don't want a second, you are welcome to choose $100 worth of FREE Stampin' Up! Product!)  Contact me today for more information!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment