Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Christmas Card Club: Part One

I know, it's only September but...the holiday season gets so crazy that I thought this year I'd do my Christmas Card Club beginning in August.  By the time November rolls around, cards will be done and you'll have extra time for Thanksgiving prep and gift making!  I've decided to try a variety of techniques and looks for this years card selections.  I started with a traditional card using punches and dry embossing.  By turning the triangle upside down from the Pennant Parade Stamp Set, a Christmas Tree emerges!  This card is clean and simple.  Now, if you wanted to dress it up, a little ribbon tied on the tag, embossing the sentiment and adding some rhinestones as ornaments would do the trick.  The new dotted scalloped ribbon is really adorable.  I'm anxious to get a few more colors of it.

Frosty cold snowflakes make me love winter.  I'm sure there are other parents out there who remember the first time your children tried to catch a snowflake on their tongue.  My son, Dakota, would get upset that the snowflakes would melt before he could show me.  Love, love, love memories like that!

As always, I love shimmer paint and a bit of bling.  This card is about layering.  The Crumb Cake layers are sprayed with a bit of Log Cabin Smooch Spritz.  The top Bashful Blue layer is sprayed with the solution of rubbing alcohol and shimmer paint.  Although it is hard to see in the picture, this solution gives the card a soft, irridescent look.  Then I painted straight shimmer paint onto the snowflake, added a rhinestone and we're done.  A simple card with room for a note inside.



I've already done the samples for September's Christmas Card Club and am excited to share!  Stay tuned...

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment