This is one of my favorite projects with two of my favorite stamp sets! At our downline Christmas Party/ShoeBox Swap/Meeting Karen brought the cutest little easel card that held a calendar. I ended up making these for my kid's teachers at school. While I was substituting one day, I saw the same idea but with a container to hold scrap paper. That one was store bought. I knew I could make something much cuter and here's what came about...
This one used Autumn Gala DSP, Day of Gratitude Stamp Set and Favorite Thoughts (From the Summer Mini)
I posted this on Stampin' Connection and got multiple requests for the instructions. So I made a couple more samples and the directions are below. Both of these are done with the Play Date DSP. I think that the heavier Designer Paper works better but they are still cute. I also used the Owl, Scallop, and Circle 1 1/4" punches as well as the Top Note Die with my Big Shot.
1. Cut 8"x8" square of DSP or Card Stock. Score on all sides at 1" & 2".
2. On two opposite sides, cut on the two score marks and remove the part of the paper shown. (I cut the tab that will slip under the fold at an angle to be sure that it lays flat.)
3. Before taping the box bottom together, fold one side over and using the Tag Punch, punch a notch for easy access to the paper. Go ahead and fold all of the sides in and adhere using sticky strip.
4. Cut a piece of card stock 3 7/8"x5" and score at 1" & 3" (on short side). This is the support for your easel. Attach the one inch end inside the box across from the notched side.
5. Layers for easel: 4 1/2 x 4 1/2, 4 x 4, 3 1/2 x 3 1/2. Decorate as desired. After you adhere the easel front onto the stand. Cut a notch at an angle at the 1 3/4" mark on each side to stand the easel in. Paper inside is 3 1/2" square.